Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb 27/10

Yesterday was my day off for working last weekend so I stayed in my pyjamas all day and did some housework in between watching the Olympics. While in front of the television, I worked on finishing these designs so that I can take the all red "Love" and the "Winter" ones to Newfoundland next weekend. Thanks to Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher blog and her finishing tutorials for well laid out directions for flat fold ornaments. I used her technique, including the clothespins, to finish "Winter" and I must say that it turned out very nicely!

Here is another recent finish (as of last night!):
She is from the Dimensions Gold Collection Petites and her name is "Twilight Angel". I did make a counting mistake or two where her sash and skirt meet, but a little jigging around saved me from having to rip out most of her belly area when the mistake was discovered! Stitching this kit is part of my campaign to clear out the clutter in my craft room. I am not sure why I bought this kit beyond I probably thought that it was pretty so I stitched it so that it could move from my to-be-done pile to the completed pile.

In 6 days time, I will be in Newfoundland for a wee holiday! I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Christine S said...

All of your finishes look great!! You've been busy!

Meadows08 said...

Great finishes! You've been busy. I hope you have a great time on your vacation.

Sandra :) said...

Oh my word SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Miss Twilight is absolutely amazing - and the embellishments are perfect - wow!! She'll need a spectacular framing job to show off her beauty!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hey..another little tip, instead of clothes pins get those black clips for papers at like office depot in small, medium and large...work like charms ;o) Actually BETTER than clothes pins ;o)

Anne S said...

Twilight Angel is gorgeous :D Your ornies are lovely too :D