Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Feb 2/10

Happy Ground Hog Day! I hear that the various ground hogs have seen their respective shadows so it is 6 more weeks of winter. Whatever, I live in Canada where it can snow until May.

I have booked my plane ticket to go see a certain Newfie in March! I am really excited to see him, but also excited to see a bit of Newfoundland, a place I have never visited. He wants to take me to the town where his father was from to meet some of the clan so I will get to spend some time in a fishing village a couple of hours from St John's. St John's sounds really cool as well, but I want to see the real Newfoundland, too! Booking the spa night is not going smoothly as the spa at one place is closed on the night that I want to book and the other place has a staff training night, but they are going to see what they can work out for me.

Almost done the Dimensions Snow Man. The skin on my hands is suffering as we are going through a cold snap of -20 Celsius. There are paper cuts all over the place and I managed to drive the head of my embroidery needle into my pushing finger a couple of times last night. Getting up to get a bandage to protect the pad of my finger would have been brilliant, but I was too lazy so I sit here and complain instead.

Well, off to work I go so that I can continue to afford my travels and my needlework!

No comments: