Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jan 26/10 Part Two

The Lizzie Kate is done and in its frame:

Well worth the half hour I spent wandering through the mats and frames section of Michaels the other night because I just could not find a mat and a frame that suited both the piece and the recipients. Years ago, I used to go to a framer who was also a friend of the family. He always enjoyed working with me because my vision was always so very different than his when it came to framing my pieces. My visits to his shop to get a piece framed were never short and sweet, but the results were always fantastic. Unfortunately he moved to the West Coast about 6 or 7 years ago and then passed away. I have not been able to find a framer who can match both the quality of his work and his infinite patience although the last framer I went to may just be a match for me!

Back to the Lizzie Kate.....
And here is my poor finger that got sliced when I was handling the glass:

In the end, the glass did not fit into the frame after putting in the mat, the stitched piece and the sticky board so now I have to figure out how to dispose of the glass without slicing my fingers any further!

3 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Just married looks great! I'm sure your friends will love it. I hope your finger heals quick!

Anne S said...

Sorry to hear about your finger, but the end results are definitely great! :D

Christine S said...

What a lovely gift! Be sure to let your friends know that you suffered for your art, lol! ;-)