Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24/10

There has been a fair bit of stitching going on around here even though I am still waiting for my natural light bulb to arrive. One of my cats broke the light bulb in my bedside table lamp that I drag to the livingroom each evening to use to see my stitching. She tried to crawl off the back of the couch and along the arm of the couch but was unsuccessful in her attempt to squeeze between me, the lamp and the needlework that was spread all over the place as I was settling in to stitch while watching "Dr Zhivago". The lamp went flying and the bulb was snapped off at the base so then there was a whole big expedition of retrieving the lamp and its pieces from the floor, unplugging the lamp, unscrewing the broken bulb base, scrounging around in the linen cupboard for a new bulb and properly wrapping the broken bulb for the garbage. Then, I settled back in to stitch and the cat eventually made her way back to the back of the couch where she likes to sleep behind my head.

The Lizzie Kate is stitched and waiting to be ironed and framed before being given to my newly-married friends. The Dimensions Snowman has almost all of the full stitches stitched so perhaps tonight I will get to the rest of them before starting on the half stitching. My craft room needs another decluttering attempt, but the basement needed to be done first as a friend may be renting out my spare room shortly and she would have been up to her ears in chaos when she stepped out of her room if I had not sorted and stored the boxes that were randomly strewn across the basement floor. It is amazing to me how much stuff I accumulate, but now most of it is nicely organized in the storage room, added to the donation pile or waiting for my next trip to the local recycling bins!

Non-stitching-wise, I am in the midst of organizing trips to Guatemala (May), El Salvador (November) and Newfoundland (whenever the work schedules for my boyfriend and myself coincide in such a way that it is worth the price of the flight to get there; he has just moved to NF and started a new job.). I was researching accomodations in St. John's, NF the other day when I came across this one: Monastery Spa. There is a week long package and when I saw that one, I thought, "Hell! Who needs a boyfriend?!". If I went in for a week long spa, I would never be seen again!

Well, time to head to the curling club to help out with the Little Rocks program before going to my Mom's to celebrate the January birthdays of my two brothers. Lovely way to spend a Sunday!

No comments: