Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17/10

Don't let the smell put you off! I have just come in from mowing the lawn and adding stuff to the compost bins. The weather is hot and sunny here today so I am rather fragrant after my multi-tasking of exercise and yard work! This summer I am experimenting a bit with the water that comes out of the dehumidifier that is going gangbusters in my basement. Instead of just pouring it down the drain conveniently located next to the dehumidifier, I have been stewing it in my plastic wheelbarrow along with all of the weeds that do not fit into my overflowing compost bins (I have 3). Each time I go out to add kitchen waste to the bin I am adding to, I scoop up some of the water to dampen the contents of each bin. The water is really boggy and smelly, but at least I am not just dumping it down the drain for it to be pumped to the sewage lagoon. I have also used some of that boggy water to water some of my flower beds that were drying out recently.

Well, off to work I go for the evening shift now that I have finished my yard work and showered!

No comments: