Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11/10

Here is the Joan Elliot ornament:


Please do not look too closely at my finishing as it really sucked the big one! Somehow I was all thumbs and nothing would go right despite all of my efforts to correct the mess. The ornament is for Elsa and the adorable Robeez booties are for her gorgeous son Luis.


Yesterday, I went to St Andrews to visit with friends who are trailering there for the week. One of our must see shops was Candyland on Main Street. I was re-living my youth with this picture. As a treat since we were not allowed to drink pop that often, my dad would get a case of Pop Shoppe pop every once and a while. Now the stuff is hard to find so I could not resist when I found some in the cooler at Candyland!

Right after my friends had called to invite me to visit with them, I received a message on Facebook from a pharmacy classmate at Dalhousie that she was participating in an event in St Andrews that is raising money for hospice. From the paint brush of the very talented Poppy Balser:


And just for fun, I purchased this cute piece:
I was lucky to get it according to the organizers because if I had not bid the buying bid for it when I saw it, there were plenty of other people who were eager to get their hands on it! There were two other variations with different hair colour, but there was just something about this mermaid that made me smile!

1 comment:

Meadows08 said...

I'm sure your gift will be much appreciated, no matter what!

I remember Pop Shoppe, I just saw some at "Cupcakes" the other day and was telling my daughter about it...

Love the mermaid, too cute!