Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10/10

Whew! It has been hot here these past few days! Yeah, yeah, there are those of you who are living in warmer climates who would scoff at the temperatures that I melt in, but remember I am Canadian where a fine day is 15C.

The heat has slowed down my walking and running somewhat although I did make great use of my treadmill in my lovely and cool basement last night. Another 5km in!

Some stitching has been done. The Joan Elliot rose ornament is finished and waiting to be photographed and mailed to my friend who has promised to deliver it to Elsa in Guatemala for me. I have also started some Christmas ornaments that I purchased as kits from Mary Maxim. Pictures to follow tomorrow as I am off to lovely St Andrews by the Sea for the afternoon to visit with friends who have a trailer at one of the camping parks.

The only other "creative" thing that I have done recently is to sit down with pen and paper to write a letter to my brother who has been deployed to Afghanistan. He probably would be glad to receive an email, but there is something special about getting something that you can hold and feel from home. Whenever he is away for extended periods of time, I try to write letters or send postcards once a week. Perhaps it is more for my sake than anything, but I know that he appreciates the effort.

No comments: