Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dec 14/10

Proof that I have not fallen off the planet or stopped stitching:
The Dimension ornament series is complete, in duplicate. My photos of the entire series are not great so here is a little peek. Instead of making my owning cording because that is another thing I dislike doing, I chose to use a holiday themed ribbon that I found at Michael's one of the many times I have been there checking out their bargain bins. I had toyed with attaching snowflake embellishments and bells, but in the end thought that the ornaments were complete on their own.

I usually do not bother with a Christmas tree because I am usually lacking in the Christmas spirit after working amongst Christmas stuff since Hallowe'en and with 3 cats, a tree is a dicey activity. Well, during my vacation, I wandered into an Urban Outfitters in Boston. I was browsing away when I came across a display of Charlie Brown trees. The fact that I burst into laughter told me that I just HAD to buy one.

 So far it has survived, but I have dared to put it on the table that the cats use to access the window sill as you can see by the crazily hanging blinds. I have moved the tree back into the centre of the table a few times already.

Penelope can not bear to be left out of any activity in the house. Here is my house insurance policy that she thought required a little kitty creativity:
I no longer have idea what my policy number might be and I hope that if needed, my broker will be more than understanding when presented with this masterpiece.

Well, back to getting stuff done before heading into retail hell for the evening......

2 comments:

Christine S said...

Your ornaments turned out so well! Congrats on many great finishes!

vee said...

Thanks Christine! I am very happy with how they turned out. More to follow very soon. My livingroom looks like Mrs Claus's craft room at the moment.