Saturday, April 03, 2010

April 3/10

I can not figure out how to rotate this picture, but am going to post it anyway because it amuses me greatly. The white cat is my Penelope and the black cat is Oliver from next door. I just happened to be walking by the patio door last night when I saw the two of them studiously ignoring each other despite the fact that they get along quite well.

My ort jar has been overflowing for a while despite my best efforts to tamp and squish the threads and scraps down. Perhaps tomorrow I might actually get around to dumping the contents. I love putting those first few threads into the empty jar because it seems like it will take forever to fill the jar again and then all of the sudden I am squishing down the overflow! Even though the contents are garbage, they are tangible proof that I have made something!

I am working this weekend so not a whole lot of stitching has been going on because I am worn out by the time I get home. Holiday weekends are always nuts because we still do the same number of prescriptions per week, but they are crammed into fewer days and/or less hours. The to-be-filled pile of baskets was almost as high as I am tall (5 foot 6) this afternoon at one point and customers just could not believe that *their* little prescription might take an hour. Yeah well, I am a pharmacist, not a miracle worker and chances are it is late afternoon and I have yet to take a break since I zipped up my labcoat this morning.

No comments: