Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mar 23/10

To follow up on the little comment I slipped in about things not working out between me and the guy from Newfoundland, I am going to indulge in a little blogging therapy. I was head over heels with this guy and had a fantastic trip to Newfoundland a few weeks ago. There was no indication when I talked to him the last time on the phone that there was anything on his mind about the status of our relationship. Now keep in mind that this guy does not like to talk on the phone or send text messages so you can imagine my surprise on Friday when there was a text message on my phone from him. You can imagine my shock when I read that he thought that things were not going to work out between us because of the distance. There was the usual "you are a great girl" and "sorry", blah blah blah. He then turned off his phone and disappeared to his aunt and uncle's place down around the bay. I could have called their house to talk with him, but I chose to leave a message on his cell phone saying that I was in shock and could he please call me when he got the message. So, the sum of the weekend has been lots of tears and a wicked migraine on my part and no phone call from him nor did he answer his phone on Sunday when he returned to St John's. I stopped trying to reach him when a couple of my wise friends told me that I may never get the explanation that I want and deserve so let it go. No point in torturing myself. This is the way he wants to handle things so this is the way he is going to handle things.

I can actually laugh about it now. Imagine! I, *me* the girl who could not get a date in high school to save her life, was dumped by text message. Another story for the memory bank and to kvetch about over coffee with my girlfriends!

1 comment:

Anne S said...

My 'best' dumping was by fax ... to my parents home ... that they had to read to me over the phone because I was away visiting a friend! Men, gotta luv 'em! All I can say is chin up hun, it's his loss! :)