Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mar 21/10


It has been a while since I have blogged! Between work and my trip to Newfoundland, I just have not had the time to update things.


I found this kit in the NONIA shop on Water Street in St John's. The jellybean houses of St John's are a delightful splash of colour that captivated me so I was pretty excited to find this kit by chance as I was about to leave the shop. I am not sure when I will stitch it because the guy I visited in Newfoundland ended things between us the other day and it was painful to even look at the package today to photograph it. Maybe when time has allowed a few wounds to heal......

These four photos are of "Snow Wishes" by Cathy Coombes of The Victoria Sampler-Designs by Cathy Jean found in the 2009 JCS Ornament edition. I used 28 count Monaco and played around with the colours from my mystery thread box. I mimicked the design colours in the first photo and then played around with the combinations on the other three just to see what would turn out. I used beads on the snowflake for the first design and then switched to just using DMC Light Effects E3747 because I like how the blue tint mimics the colour of snow.

1 comment:

Christine S said...

I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out with the guy. :-( Definitely his loss!! The snowmen all turned out really cute!