Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dec 26/06

Happy Holidays to everyone as they digest the food extravaganza of the past few days and groan at the thought of how much weight they have gained!

We had a nice, quiet holiday at my Mom's. Well, as quiet as it can be with a 3.5 year old who was wired for sound. My brother employed all kinds of techniques to keep the screaming mimi under control and less over-stimulated. My favourite gift was the blender which will be used to crush ice for strawberry daiquiris! My old blender was used by my mother to puree baby food for me so it was less than impressive at its ice crushing!

I made a surprise find in my cross stitch stash last night. I knew that I had a bag of 14 count Aida that I dislike because the fabric is very stiff and difficult to work with even after it has been washed. While moving things around in an attempt to find something else, I found about a metre of 14 count white Aida that is not stiff and awful. The fabric would not be my first choice because I almost never use 14 count or Aida anymore, but the possibilities are endless! Actually, my goal is to make Christmas ornaments as gifts for 2007 since I will be a poor student (!!) and the talk in other blogs about starting ornies now instead of waiting until close to Christmas has inspired me to think about digging out my Christmas patterns so I can really make a dent in my stash since I do not have to buy stitching fabric now. Plus, the 50 project challenge looms over me to complete before I get mired down in my Masters program in a year or so!

This photo amuses me so I thought that I would post it while my cat is not looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vee
I saw your comment on the Ornament SAL blog. If you'd like to join us please ping me an email so I can send you an invite. I understand not everyone can stitch on the exact days and you'd still be welcome to post pictures when you could. It's more an encouragement to keep going throughout the year than a rigid SAL :)

Anne S said...

Your kitty is gorgeous :D Like you, I'm not a huge fan of Aida for that same reason of stiffness, but there are some projects that are just perfect for it - I just it for when the stitching covers the entire fabric area ... I figure what's the point of using expensive linen when you can't see it ;) Hope 2007 is a wonderful year for you :D

SimoneladybugKnits said...

Happy new year!! I gotta say that your kitty is just lovely :-)