Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oct 5/06

Well, it is hard to believe, but in 23 days I will be well on my way to San Salvador, El Salvador to participate in a Habitat for Humanity program. How cool is that? It all still feels very surreal to me even at this stage of the game as I pile up stuff I need to cart with me and make arrangements for malaria prophylaxis. Here is a link that the HfH group sent us volunteers to check out some of the places we will be.

As always, I hope to check out pharmacies and the needle work of the region as I do on every trip.

My own needlework and running and everything else that I enjoy doing in my spare time came to a screeching halt for the past couple of weeks as I battled the stomach flu which morphed into bronchitis. Today, I wheezed out 3km as I finally felt well enough to even put my sneakers on my feet. Now that I can actually come home from work and not pass out cold from exhaustion, I shall pick up the threads of my life again (pun intended!).

No comments: