Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7/06

Scanning through the various cross-stitch blogs that I have tagged up in my favourites has reminded me of some new-to-me patterns that I have acquired recently. It will be a few weeks before I can seriously think about starting them because I am finishing up a hydrangea table runner that I bought in Sweden, a Marks & Kattens design. Their website seems to be down for updating, but I will add it to my links for when it does come back up. Once the table runner is completed, I have 2 bibs to do for friends who are preggers and due in the next few months.
THEN, it will be on to the Fairy Tale Sampler by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams. The saying on it is perfect for a friend who is going through a divorce from a moron. I also recently purchased a book about Christmas stockings called "Christmas Stockings" from the David & Charles Cross Stitch Collection. The family stockings are a tattered mess after many years so I am considering making a new set of cross stitched ones. That is an ambitious project so I may just end up doing one for my nephew instead! Last, but not least, I found a beautiful design of maple leafs in autumn by Foxberry Cottage Crafts of Nova Scotia. I am always thrilled when I find beautiful Canadian designs because they are hard to find.

No comments: