Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 23/06

Well, it is that time of year when the cross stitch magazines start coming out with the Christmas projects to remind us of the upcoming December insanity. I started some of my cross stitch cards recently to send out as cards/gifts to a select few. The current batch are from Design Works Crafts which I picked up on sale at Lewiscraft in the past year. These small projects are most enjoyable in between bigger projects because the cards take less than a week to complete.

Before starting the cards, though, I made sure that I was done stitching the Marks and Kattens table runner so as to not violate my rule of only having one project on the go at a time. One thing that I have noticed in reading the blogs of other stitchers is that most people seem to have multiple projects on the go. My craft room would be more out of control if I did that and I would lose my focus on the different projects if I bounced back and forth. Oh well, different stitches for different folks!

My stitching time has been greatly curtailed these days because of training for the local 8km run called the Hampton 5-miler and the flooring renovation that is underway in my basement. There are just not enough hours in the day to get everything done and sleep, too!

No comments: