Tuesday, June 08, 2010

June 8/10

Some stitching has finally been going on around this place! I am trying to stitch this up quickly to give to a friend who is getting married on the first weekend in July. The piece may not be framed in time, but hopefully the last stitch will be put into it before the wedding:

Before starting the current piece above, I had hauled out these little Christmas card inserts and stitched them up both in an effort to get some Christmas stitching done well in advance and to tackle the clutter in my craft room:

Alas, my efforts to de-clutter the craft room have been somewhat offset by the purchase of two new pattern books by Joan Elliott. I saw a review of her book "Cross Stitch Greeting Cards" in one of my cross stitch magazines and purchased it since I had some gift certificates to ChaptersIndigo. Then, once I had read through that book, I went on to buy "Cross Stitch Wit and Wisdom". The designs are cute, fun and look like a relatively quick stitch so they would be good for gift making and cards. With my brother leaving for Afghanistan this weekend, I am looking for lots of ways to divert myself into doing fun things to keep my mood lighter and more positive.

1 comment:

Christine S said...

As usual you've been stitching up a storm! It all looks wonderful!