Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22/09


In between packing for my trip to Mongolia and finalizing details, I have been doing some stitching to de-stress! A few months ago, I found a black jacket on sale at a discount store for $10. The only things wrong with it were a button that needed to be sewed back on and the belted cuffs were missing (the loops are there at the wrists, but the belts were missing). A designer in one of my design books had designs done on mosquito netting so I went to the hardware store last week and bought some. I am using 4 strands of DMC 501 with a motif from the book in the picture. The plan is to blanket stitch the edges together, but I have yet to figure out how I will finish the cuff as I want to do it in such a way that I can easily remove and re-attach the cuff for laundry purposes. Mosquito netting, who knew?!

No comments: