Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sept 17/06

I really must get myself hooked up with a digital camera because that certainly is half of the fun in reading the cross stitch blogs that I have wandered through. Because of the other bloggers, I have looked and bought some awesome stuff like HAED where I bought a beautiful pattern of irises.

Not much to report in terms of my current project of baby bibs and a receiving blanket. I have almost completed all of the cross-stitching and will hopefully soon be backstitching the receiving blanket. There is a bit of urgency to get these things done ASAP because I am leaving for El Salvador for two weeks to participate in a Habitat for Humanity program at the end of October and I am also involved in the organizing committee for the 2nd Annual Hampton Pharmasave Skins Spiel. Oh yeah, and I still have to work, sleep, eat and shower in there some time as well.

On this blog, the blogger refers to a brilliant idea that another blogger came up with and that is to buy no more patterns until she has finished 50 projects. Intriguing, but I suspect that I would almost immediately be an abject failure because I just can not stop myself from buying patterns even though I would have to retire now to ever have a chance at completing the patterns I have already accumulated. My craft room was severely culled over 6 months ago when the flooring was re-done in that room, but patterns, sweet patterns! How does one resist the urge?

No comments: