Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan 23/13

On my most recent vacation, I had a few long flights between home and Reno. I usually use this time to sleep and to mull things over in my life. This time I was struck by an idea for a cross stitch pattern that would represent the healing journey I have been on for the past few years. The key words "tree of life" in Google images came up with this beautiful image from this website:
I pulled this image up on my laptop and sat with my fabric, needle and thread to first do a quick out line in back stitches before filling in the tree with cross, half and quarter stitches. Then, I stitched hearts in different colours to represent the different phases of my life as I moved from someone who was so deeply marked by pain to someone who is joyful and positive. The end result, well almost end result as I not convinced that it is quite finished yet, is this little piece:
The picture is rather dark despite my attempts to adjust the settings on my camera, but you get the gist of what I was stitching. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly welcomed.


No comments: