Saturday, August 18, 2012

Aug 18/12

My house is driving me nuts these days. I am feeling overwhelmed with stuff these days as I try to decide what I am going to do next. I have been looking at house plans again for my dream home on my property in the country but I am not convinced that is the right move for me right now or I would be ploughing straight ahead. One of the main reasons is that I have done some emotional housecleaning recently and have been actively looking for a partner. Scary territory for me and the pickings seem rather slim. Anyhow, this is a crafting blog not a dating blog so change of topic.

To that end, I tackled my earring collection. It hit me the other day that I have some unused wooden frames, burlap, paint and glue. Voila! An earring organizer!
Control gained over a pile of stuff in a bathroom drawer. As bonus, I discovered some earrings that I forgot that I had and sadly can not find the full set of a pair I love. I also FINALLY threw out several pairs that were tarnished and gross. Emotional attachment to stuff is something that I struggle with. I will keep things for a rainy day or because someone bought it for me or just because. It is hard to be ruthless but I am getting better at repurposing, donating or outright trashing stuff that is no longer useful to me.

No comments: