Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dec 15/09

Today I said good bye to my cat Hayes. The tumour came back with a roaring vengeance to the point where it was in her sinuses affecting her breathing and back around behind her ear into the lymph nodes there. The vet and her assistant were the same two who have been looking after Hayes since the initial assessment and they treated us so kindly. My heart broke to lay Hayes' lifeless little body into the ground and watch it be covered over, but I know that she is up in Heaven, muscling her way into the kitty food bowl and bossing all of the humans around!

5 comments:

Christine S said...

I'm really sorry, Vee. (((hugs)))

imnverted said...

So sorry to hear this news. sending {{hugs}} your way

Meadows08 said...

It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. Take care.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you've had to lose an old friend, on top of everything else you've had to deal with lately.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read about Hayes. I too lost one of my cats just before Christmas - a week later than Hayes...and its hard.