Sunday, October 30, 2005

Oct 18/05

Daylight Savings Time has just been adjusted back to Standard Time here so I am enjoying a lazy morning, chuckling to myself that my sloth is okay even though it is past noon in my biological clock. Oh well, the lazy morning is giving me time to ruminate over my to-do list for today which is not getting done and other little things that are going on in my life.

I recently started reading "Acadien pour de bon", a children's story about living in Acadia. The interesting part for me is that I am reading the french translation which I found recently in the books being donated for the Rotary annual used book sale. Apparently, the six years of french immersion are still stored somewhere in my brain because I am reading it without translating to understand although I am reading very slowly.

One of my neighbours had her house egged last night. I came across one our local RCMP officers who was walking around her property as I was out walking the dog.

My brother, his 2 year old son and I carved some pumpkins yesterday in preparation for the ghouls and goblins tomorrow night. We have not done that since we were kids, but it was lots of fun. I have to assemble a costume for work tomorrow and do some decorating to welcome the little tricksters at the door tomorrow evening.

No comments: